The Creative Economy Unit at Cardiff University is seeking to recruit an Engagement and Communications Officer to provide comprehensive communications, marketing and engagement support to its projects. The post-holder’s work encompasses two high profile and related projects: Clwstwr and Creative Cardiff.
We are committed to creating a more culturally diverse programme and need to do more as our current teams don’t fully represent the diversity in our local community. We want to work with people from all cultural and social backgrounds and we will work with the successful applicant to ensure they are connected and supported within the team. Our shortlisting and interview panel will be made up of diverse members and we will assess all applications against the Essential Criteria laid out in the Person Specification.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to the process, please let us know and we can support you as necessary. If you would like to discuss your application before applying, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
The post is full time (35 hours per week), and is fixed-term until June 2022. We will consider proposals for flexible working or job share arrangements
Salary: £22,017 - £26,243 per annum (Grade 4)
Date advert posted: Thursday, 15 October 2020
Closing date: Sunday, 1 November 2020
Please be aware that Cardiff University reserves the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
Cardiff University is committed to supporting and promoting equality and diversity and to creating an inclusive working environment. We believe this can be achieved through attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse range of staff from many different backgrounds who have the ambition to create a University which seeks to fulfil our social, cultural and economic obligation to Cardiff, Wales, and the world. In supporting our employees to achieve a balance between their work and their personal lives, we will also consider proposals for flexible working or job share arrangements.
- Organise the preparation and production of Clwstwr’s promotional literature, including managing the design, printing and distribution.
- Assist and develop the communication of Clwstwr funding calls, research, news and events.
- Create, upload and distribute Clwstwr content for online platforms including website, e-communications and social media channels.
- Support the organisation and marketing of engagement activities such as workshops, lectures and networking events.
- Establish working relationships with key contacts and develop appropriate communication links with internal and external stakeholders as required.
- Gather and analyse data to inform decisions, establishing basic trends and patterns in data and creating reports as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with visual identity and brand guidelines.
- Monitor and manage inbound communications, responding to emails in a timely and appropriate on-brand manner.
- Provide detailed advice and guidance on marketing and communications activity and procedures to internal customers, using judgement and creativity to suggest the most appropriate course of action where appropriate.
- Collaborate with others in order to make recommendations for developments of established communications and marketing processes and procedures.
- Undertake a variety of administrative duties to support Clwstwr and Creative Cardiff.
- Provide support to the Creative Cardiff network including organising, facilitating and promoting the networks activities, website and membership offering.
- Ensure that an understanding of the importance of confidentiality is applied when undertaking all duties
- Abide by University policies on Health and Safety and Equality and Diversity
Perform other duties occasionally which are not included above, but which will be consistent with the role.
Please ensure your application directly addresses these Essential Criteria as our shortlisting panel will assess against these.
Qualifications and Education
1. Degree relating to communications or equivalent qualification and/or experience
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
2. Experience of working in a similar or related role
3. Specialist knowledge of engagement, communications and/or marketing and in particular digital communications, with experience of creating content and using content management systems
4. Ability to set up standard office systems and procedures and make improvements as appropriate
Customer Service, Communication and Team Working
5. Ability to communicate specialist and complex information effectively and professionally to a range of customers with varying levels of understanding.
6. Proven ability to advise and influence key stakeholders,
7. Evidence of ability to explore customers’ needs and adapt the service accordingly to ensure a quality service is delivered.
Planning, Analysis and Problem solving
8. Evidence of ability to solve problems using initiative and creativity; identify and propose practical solutions and to resolve problems where there are a range of potential options available
9. Evidence of ability to analyse processes and procedures, and advise on improvements
10.Evidence of ability to work unsupervised to deadlines, planning and setting priorities for own work
1. Fluency in Welsh, written and oral.
2. Achieved or working towards a professional CIM or CIPR qualification.
3. Experience of working in a Higher Education environment.
4. Experience of managing multiple content platforms.
May include some evening/weekend working