Expressions of Interest for the 2020 Clwstwr Open Call are now closed.
We are looking to fund ideas for new products, services and experiences in the screen and news sectors in Wales.
Before you begin, we recommend you watch this video from Clwstwr Director, Professor Justin Lewis and Clwstwr Chief Operating Officer, Sara Pepper which will give you more information including: what we mean by R&D, what Clwstwr can fund and what a good application looks like.
For more about Clwstwr's purpose and aims, you can watch this short explainer video.
We have set out a number of Clwstwr Challenges which your idea could address.
We would also suggest that you look at currently funded Clwstwr projects for examples of R&D that Clwstwr has funded. You can watch case study videos from:
- Geolocated Fragmented Storytelling (Yello Brick)
- News Storytelling through Modular Journalism (Monnow Media)
- Moving Layers (NDCWales)
If you have any questions, take a look at our FAQs.
We are committed to supporting all potential applicants, if for any reason you are unable to complete our forms, please contact a member of the team.
In order to maximise the opportunities for companies and sole traders to do R&D, in this funding round we will prioritise those who have not yet received Clwstwr funding. This excludes those funded for Seed projects, who can apply for funding to develop their proof of concept.
Before proceeding, we recommend you collate the following;
- Full contact details for the Project Lead
- Contact details for any partners
- A draft of your proposal
- Project Lead CV
- Any letters of support
- Your Clwstwr Baseline Survey number (and that of any partners)
- 1 April 2020: Expressions of Interest open
- 1 May 2020: Expressions of Interest close
- w/c 11 May 2020: Feedback sent
- 15 May 2020: Full Applications open
- 15 June 2020: Full Applications close
- 13 July 2020: Applicants informed
- 7 September 2020: Funded cohort announced